Here are some upcoming/current program offerings at WoodGreen’s Youth Wellness Centre (YWC) for November/December. The YWC is located at 815 Danforth Ave, 3rd floor
1) Employment Drop In – The first two Wednesdays of every month youth can drop in to our Youth Wellness Centre from 4-6PM to get 1-one-1 support with resume writing and job search. The next Employment Drop in is this Wednesday Dec 6th, 2023
2) Post-Secondary Series is back! – These monthly workshops are for youth ages 14-29 at any stage in their education or employment journey, looking to learn more about post-secondary education, financial supports, and get help with their applications. Workshops are available in-person or online. Next workshop is Thursday November 23, 2023 from 5-6PM with Guest Presenters from Seneca Polytechnic and York University. Register using the link on the flyer.
3) Community Resources Drop In – on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 4-7PM youth can stop by the Youth Wellness Centre to speak to a Care Navigator and learn more about community programs, services and supports available. Next Community Resource Drop in is Thursday Nov 16, 2023.
4) Monthly Wellness Events – Each month the Youth Wellness Centre will be hosting a different wellness event. See flyer for more information. To register contact email@example.com
5) Weekly Peer Support Group – Each week LOFT Community Services is hosting a peer support group for youth 14-26 years old at the Youth Wellness Centre. See flyer for more information.
6) Wednesday & Thursday Drop In – Youth 12-29 years old can come by the Drop In on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3-7PM to learn more about any of the programs or services available through WoodGreen and its partners. Youth can also play games, do homework, have a snack – it’s a great place to make new friends!
7) Tuesday Drop In for Youth of African Descent – from 4-7PM on Tuesday, youth of African descent can stop by the Youth Wellness Centre to hang out, meet new people and learn more about WoodGreen’s Rites of Passage Cultural Process.