Every year the Merit Bursary awards over 300 grade 11 and 12 students in the Greater Toronto Area with up to $5,000 in recognition of their commitment to both their academics and their community.
From the Merit Award Bursary:
What some might call “extenuating circumstances”, we call your life story. It’s unique to you and that’s exactly what we’re looking for.
The Merit Award doesn’t have grade cut-offs or firm definitions on things like “extra-curricular”. We’re looking to understand who you are, what you’ve overcome to pursue your education and how you’ve been a positive force for others on the way.
Receiving a Merit Award isn’t just a bursary. It’s a badge of recognition as well as lifelong access to our Alumni resources from mentorship programs to leadership opportunities and more.
You’ve already done the work, it’s time to be recognized!
GRADUATION PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION with Clear Images School Photography
Monarch Park C.I. / SOLE
START DATE:Monday, December 11th , 2023 (Secure your preferred time slot. Appointments fill quickly.)
LOCATION: Thompson Room (MPC), to be confirmed
It’s time to capture your special milestone! A $35 session fee is required at this time, to secure your appointment.This $35 fee includes your photography session, an 11″x14″ print of your Graduating Class Composite and secures access to your exclusive Graduation Online Portrait Gallery. During your appointment, the photographer will provide you with access codes, to your exclusive Graduation Online Portrait Gallery for you to view and purchase. These photos will be available to view 10 business days after your school’s last graduation appointment has been taken.
Please respect your appointment time and remember to come prepared for your photo session. Collared shirts pair well with the graduation gowns and please bring your smile!
Please click on the following link to book your appointment:
Here are some upcoming/current program offerings at WoodGreen’s Youth Wellness Centre (YWC) for November/December. The YWC is located at 815 Danforth Ave, 3rd floor
1) Employment Drop In – The first two Wednesdays of every month youth can drop in to our Youth Wellness Centre from 4-6PM to get 1-one-1 support with resume writing and job search. The next Employment Drop in is this Wednesday Dec 6th, 2023
2) Post-Secondary Series is back! – These monthly workshops are for youth ages 14-29 at any stage in their education or employment journey, looking to learn more about post-secondary education, financial supports, and get help with their applications. Workshops are available in-person or online. Next workshop is Thursday November 23, 2023 from 5-6PM with Guest Presenters from Seneca Polytechnic and York University. Register using the link on the flyer.
3) Community Resources Drop In – on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 4-7PM youth can stop by the Youth Wellness Centre to speak to a Care Navigator and learn more about community programs, services and supports available. Next Community Resource Drop in is Thursday Nov 16, 2023.
4) Monthly Wellness Events – Each month the Youth Wellness Centre will be hosting a different wellness event. See flyer for more information. To register contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Weekly Peer Support Group – Each week LOFT Community Services is hosting a peer support group for youth 14-26 years old at the Youth Wellness Centre. See flyer for more information.
6) Wednesday & Thursday Drop In – Youth 12-29 years old can come by the Drop In on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3-7PM to learn more about any of the programs or services available through WoodGreen and its partners. Youth can also play games, do homework, have a snack – it’s a great place to make new friends!
7) Tuesday Drop In for Youth of African Descent – from 4-7PM on Tuesday, youth of African descent can stop by the Youth Wellness Centre to hang out, meet new people and learn more about WoodGreen’s Rites of Passage Cultural Process.
Students learned how to assess emergency scenes, administer CPR and defibrillators, stop someone from choking, and much more! At the end, they were certified in First Aid and CPR and equipped with lifesaving skills. Thanks so much to Debra from SAJE Vital Signs for an exciting and valuable workshop!
Registration for Dual Credit and SWAC is now open! This is an amazing opportunity to earn a college credit for free while earning a high school credit. Offerings include Video Game Industry, Film Studies, Welding, Machining, Animal Behaviour, Forensic Crime Scene Investigation, Fire Protection Fundamentals, and more!
Semester 2 e-Learning Day School course offerings have been added to the e-Learning Day School website. Registration opens to students on December 5, 2023. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the e-Learning Central Office at email@example.com
Parent/Guardian-Teacher interviews are this Thursday, Oct. 26, from 1-3 pm and 6-8 pm. Please sign up at the following link, or call the SOLE office at 416-393-0756 if you are unable to sign up electronically: